Week 9

Day 55 - More car parts bring much excitement.
Ended up actually needing an air temp sensor for the car as one of the many previous owners thought the car would somehow be better without it.

I'm sure it probably doesn't affect the way in which the car operates, but as the 18 button computer is able to display ambient air temps (something that might be useful to know once I wire my aux fan override on) I figured I should get it working.

55/365 Sensor

Day 56 - Fitted

Actually managed to get the sensor fitted. Really quick job to do as I had previously removed the foglight and the wheel arch liner.

The only issue was I fired up the car too soon as the computer was still displaying -37° C. Shit.

Tried removing the battery connector and left it for 5 minutes and reconnected it. Same issue.

I then disconnected the sensor and attacked the search bar on a few forums and found that I needed to leave the sensor plugged in  to allow it to get up to temperature.

Bingo.

Ended up taking the picture in the dark of the night so there was a need for the flash gun. Quite happy with how the picture turned out at a plus!

56/365 Working well

Day 57 - Trying something new.

It's a 365...for pictures, yes I'm aware.

However, for those who are familiar with DSLR video, there is a somewhat different look to videos shot with an DSLR and its something I've always wanted to experiment with.

Cue the steep learning curve with both capturing the shots and editing it all together. I somehow managed to cobble together this 'teaser' and I'm incredibly pleased with it.

The music choice was pretty much set from last year and I had a fair few shots in mind, drawing from other videos that I had seen. Took me long enough to get my act together and actually make it happen though!


Day 58 - Stripping

And the work continues on the track car. Simple enough job to do. Unplug the looms, run them on the underside and plug everything back and hope it doesn't spontaneously combust.

After reading a few articles on Speed Hunters, I became entranced by the idea of engines, cars and garages all shot in B+W. So I thought I'd pay more attention to the loss of colour to really highlight the subject.

58/365 Clear rear deck

Day 59 - Finished class early (9-11) and spent the rest of the day roaming about in London. Specifically Canary Wharf. As it is a private estate there, obviously, is an emphasis on security and this pertains even to parking and stopped vehicles.

The last time I was there I was in a car (and consequently being ushered to move along quite quickly. This time I had a camera in my possession and was on getting around by foot.

I will still maintain that it's a bit of a maze for those who are not quite familiar with the layout. Ultimately, would I want to work there though? I'm not entirely sure if I'm honest.

59/365 No Parking.

Day 60 - Bokeh and Brakes.

Finally started on the disc and pad swap for the track car. Plenty of WD40 was required, and even then, there was blood, stripped retaining screws and some swearing.

Oh and plenty of rust fell from the brake disc too. Clearly showing the need for new discs.

60/365 Rotors need swapping

Day 61 - Heritage

Sure I've taken this picture many a time, and I would probably continue to take it a million times more. Utterly worth it and I'm always left walking away with a huge grin on my face.

Popped a flash as it was slightly gloomy and managed to capture the water perfectly. Just to add the car hasn't seen much detailing this year at all yet still beads beautifully.

61/365 Heritage